Sunday, September 24, 2006

Brand New Everyday

I've been lamenting to create this site for awhile now, to finally put an end to my old blog and to create a new link apart from being in the ECC blog family? It'd been more than a year since I left Evangelical Chinese Church, a home that I've stayed in for about 6 years since I've moved to Seattle in 1999. It was a no brainer to choose to leave then, especially when my heart was spellbound to fullfill the void that noboy could've really understood or cared for me, or I thought. But what ensued afterward was a series of traumatic events that clearly led me see life's true brokeness, and my desperate need for God's healing. It was in this new church, a place that I first visited to accomendate a friend whom I was dating, that I got to experience the love of Jesus and feel the changes in my life again. I owe Bluesky a great deal of gratitude, pastor Steve Morgan especially for his relentless pursuit to make true disciples for Jesus in his church. I thank James who actively intervened with truth and love in times of struggle, when it was much easier to stay back and pretend the world is fine with or without me. I thank countless others who extended their friendly hands to welcome me to the new home, even as they're daily being restored by God from their own bottlenecks.

It was nontheless hard to leave the old friends and family still, many of whom have given me the benefits of doubt when I could sometimes act in a critical spirit toward them and the church. Every day I'm realizing life is no longer about me, and what couldn't quite register in my heart from Rick Warren's best seller, I am learning it by witnessing the genuity of faith in people and the sacrifice they're making everyday to follow Jesus at Bluesky. Sometimes I wish to go back and do the works that Jesus did, and cared for the many people I know that I've missed out before because of my bloated sense of insecurity. Sometimes I wish if only everything else that is happening now stays the same and I like to restore those lost 4~5 years sunk in pursuit of vanity and false identity.

Alas, time waits for no one and what was wasted can no longer be restarted again. This morning as I was praying, the Spirit kept nudging me to no longer look back and dwell on the failures of the past. But Jesus would you give me the courage to act rightly today as it unfolds before my eyes, believing that tomorrow your promises still hold?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home